5 years ago · Olga Wharton · Comments Off on Why To Use A Professional Pet Sitter These Holidays
Hiring a professional pet sitter can be overwhelming and little scary. DFW Pet Sitting would like to share some tips on what can make this process easier for you.
Why do we even have holidays? In my opinion, people have created them so that one can get away from the daily grind, relax, and enjoy life. So is that what we do?
Well, like in everything, we all make our own choices, and there are so many different ways to do things. Hiring a pet sitter is the same way – it can be an awesome experience where you come home and your pets are happy, they have food and fresh water, your mail is picked up, and Animal Planet is on for your babies to watch while you are gone. However, your pet sitting experience can always turn into a nightmare where you return to a bunch of accidents, the water is out, or, God forbid, something happens to your babies or your home…
Since DFW Pet Sitting Services been around since 2003, we have compiled a list of recommendations on what to look for when hiring a pet sitter.
1. When selecting a pet sitter, narrow down to your top three and meet with all three of them, to make sure you get the best match for your babies.
2. Give your sitter the detailed instructions on what to do while you are away, and also ask them what is their emergency backup plan.
3. Find out how the pet sitting company will communicate with you while you are gone.
4. Make sure you have some kind of a guarantee that you are not going to be charged for services that you are not satisfied with, ask them about their refund policy.
5. Ask them if they subcontract their service to other companies or individuals. You want to make sure you know who you are working with. Holidays can be hectic and you want to make sure you know how the company is handling the volume.
If you have any additional questions about what to do, please do not hesitate to contact me. I’ve been doing it long enough to spot red flags, and I’ll gladly share my advice with you whether you live in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex or not…
Categories: Pet Sitting Humor