Please complete the brief questionnaire by clicking on the link below. It will take less than a minute, and no signing up or logging in is required. By getting your basic info, we can easily see how far away you are from the clients who are calling us for pet sitting and dog walking jobs. Our goal is to provide you with pet sitting jobs that are close to your house and will require minimal commute. We hope to build long term relationships with all our employees, so we’ll tailor your work load to fit your schedule and make it convenient for you to juggle all your other activities.
Welcome to our employment page!
We are excited that you are looking into pet sitting and dog walking jobs in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex!
Pet owners hire a pet sitter or a dog walker when they are not able to be home to take care of their pets. They don’t want to kennel the pets, or impose on a neighbor or a relative. They are looking for a professional who will dedicate their love and attention to the pets. Below is a list of some of the services that we offer when our clients hire us as their professional pet sitters:
- Feed & water pets at scheduled times
- Administer medication (you will be trained on each individual case)
- Exercise, play & brush
- Pick up after pets, including cleaning up the occasional pet mess.
- Scoop & change litter box
- Walk dogs (rain or shine)
- Transport pets to and from veterinarian or groomer (only as needed)
- Pick up mail, newspapers, fliers & packages
- Alternate lights & blinds, check on overall security of home
What our pet sitting and dog walking assignments look like
DFW Pet Sitting Services is a premier company operating in Dallas Fort Worth metroplex. We are a company that values your time. All assignments are flexible, and we offer only those pet sitting and dog walking jobs that are within 5 miles from where you live. Having a short commute is essential to making this job an enjoyable opportunity.
We do not guarantee the amount of pet sits – you work when your clients travel. When they stay home, you are not making any money. So the volume is sporadic, and you can never count on a set amount of hours you will work each week. You are on call when we have work for you, so this job is better treated as a part time extra income generator. We do not want to over-promise and under-deliver. We usually treat it more like a life style than a job: it’s flexible, it’s close to home, and if you truly love pets and like being outdoors, you will enjoy how positive and self-managed this working environment is.
What we are looking for in an ideal employee
We are looking for honest, reliable, well-organized people who love pets and are looking for extra income. Your flexibility of schedule is the key to this position. You will work weekends, but you will not work every weekend. We expect you to be available 7 days a week to work the following shifts:
- You will do one or two (or more if you are available) 20-25-min visits early in the mornings (any time between 6:30 and 8 am ),
- At least one 20-25-min visit (or more if you are available) during mid-days (any time between 12 and 3 pm),
- And evenings (between 6:30 and 9 pm).
Pet sitting and dog walking jobs are not scheduled every day.
Here is a good example. Let’s say, we reach out to you with an assignment starting Tuesday evening and ending Saturday morning. If it’s a cat, the time of the visits is usually more flexible. If you are pet sitting a dog, you have to be there early in the mornings, late in the evenings, and possibly during lunch to break up a long day. Your midday availability is important, but you won’t be pet sitting every day during your lunch hour… If you have another job or school, it’s important that your commute is not too far away from home. You are pet sitting within 5 miles from where you live. Having a long commute may prevent you from doing that midday visit, and you’ll miss out on an entire assignment.
You must be available for most major holidays. This includes the days surrounding the holiday, including Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, etc. We do pay a bonus for working the major holidays. Again, with the flexibility of this job, you will not be working non-stop during holidays. You’ll just do a few pet sits here and there, and still be able to spend time with your family and friends. You’ll pet sit within 5 miles radius from where you live, and you won’t have to drive all over the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex. It’s a very flexible schedule even during busy holidays.
Having a strong character and being detail oriented is critical to this position, as our clients trust us with a great responsibility.
The perks are many, including great pay, a flexible schedule (not your 9 to 5) with flexible hours. You will get plenty of exercise and time outdoors. Clients can be generous with tips and gifts, and the animals are lavish with their love and affection.
How The Process Works
Our pet sitting customers live all areas of Dallas Fort Worth metroplex. They have mainly dogs and cats, usually no serious medical needs, and no major behavioral problems. In most instances, they have used a pet sitter before, they are comfortable with leaving their pets in someone’s care. Our pet sitters go and meet with clients before committing to the assignments, making sure they are comfortable with pets and their routines.
We’ve been in business since 2003, and we now have over 200 employees servicing over 7000 pet owners in the Dallas Fort Worth and Houston areas. This job is part time, as needed, and is very flexible.
Matching our employees with pet sitting and dog walking jobs
Once a pet owner contacts us, we map all nearly pet sitters, and start with the closest one. If they are not available, we just move on to the second closest pet sitter. We assign all jobs within 5 miles from where the pet sitters live. We want to make sure that all pet sitting and dog walking jobs are convenient for our employees, and require minimal commute.
Once you agree to an assignment
Once you confirm your availability to take a client, you go and meet with the client. During that meeting you meet the pets, their owners, and go over the pet sitting routine. That’s when you also get a key. You become that client’s primary pet sitter. If they travel again in the future, you will be notified and you’ll be pet sitting them again if you are available. If you need a backup, we’ll have you drop off all keys with a backup pet sitter, they will take care of your clients. You get all your clients’ keys back once you return and are ready to pet sit again.
You can access your schedule on a web based calendar where you log in, view clients’ info, and review your upcoming schedule. By then we would have already confirmed your availability to do each and every job that’s showing up in your schedule. As you pet sit, you check visits off as completed – that’s how we know everything is going well.
- Your base pay is $10 per 30-min visit. Additional $1 is applied to each pet over 2 pets per household. Additional $1 per mile is applied to all visits that are requested of you to do outside of your 5-mile radius. You also get paid for all key pickup and drop off trips, client meetings, 24-hour cancellations and short notices. Our pet sitters receive compensation for all pet sitting and dog walking jobs no matter whether clients pay or not. Additional $5 per visit is applied to all visits during major national holidays.
- You submit your time-sheets and get paid twice a month, pay amount is based on how many visits you completed during each pay period.
- We pay you for client meetings, key pickup/drop off trips, and whether we collect the payment from the client or not.
- As an employee, you are covered by our company’s liability insurance.
- This is an employee position. We deduct taxes from your paychecks and pay your Social Security and Medicare taxes for you, and we provide you with a W2 form at the end of the year.