DFW Pet Sitting And Dog Walking Jobs Galore!
Thank you for your interest in working with DFW Pet Sitting Services, Inc.!
Please read the detailed job description below before submitting your application.
Pet owners hire a pet sitter when they are not able to be there to take care of their pets. They don’t want to kennel the pets, or impose on a neighbor or a relative. They are looking for a professional who will dedicate their love and attention to the pets. Some of the services you are required to perform are:
- Feed & water pets at scheduled times
- Administer medication, including being able or willing to learn to administer injections.
- Exercise, playtime & brushing
- Pick up after pets, including cleaning up the occasional pet mess.
- Scoop & change litter box
- Daily dog walks (rain or shine)
- Pet transport to and from veterinarian or groomer
- Pick up mail, newspapers, fliers & packages
- Alternate lights & blinds, check on overall security of home
DFW Pet Sitting and dog walking jobs are flexible, part time, and you are assigned pet sits within 5 miles from where you live. The amount of pet sits is not guaranteed – when your clients travel, you pet sit. When they stay home, you are not making any money. So the volume is sporadic, and you can never count on a set amount of hours you will work each week. You are on call when we have work for you, so this job is better treated as a part time extra income generator. We do not want to over-promise and under-deliver. We usually treat it more like a life style than a job: it’s flexible, it’s close to home, and if you truly love pets and like being outdoors, you will enjoy how positive and self-managed this working environment is.
We are looking for honest, reliable, well-organized people who love pets and are looking for extra income. Your flexibility of schedule is the key to this position. You will work weekends, but you will not work every weekend. You must be available 7 days a week to work the following shifts:
- You will do one or two (or more if you are available) 20-25-min visits early in the mornings (any time between 6:30 and 8 am ),
- At least one 20-25-min visit (or more if you are available) during mid-days (any time between 12 and 3 pm),
- And evenings (between 6:30 and 9 pm).
But again, you will not work every day. You may get an assignment starting Tuesday evening and ending Saturday morning. If it’s a cat, the time of the visits is usually more flexible. If you are pet sitting a dog, you have to be there early in the mornings, late in the evenings, and often during lunch to take them on walks and follow their routine while the owners are away. So your midday availability is important, but again, you won’t be pet sitting every day during your lunch hour… So if you have another job or school, it’s important that your commute is not too far away from home. Since you are pet sitting within 5 miles from where you live, your long commute may prevent you from doing that midday visit, so consider this position carefully.
You must be available for most major holidays. This includes the days surrounding the holiday, including Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, etc. We do pay a bonus for working the major holidays. Again, with the flexibility of this job, you will not be working non-stop during holidays. You’ll just do a few pet sits here and there, and still be able to spend time with your family and friends. You’ll pet sit within 5 miles radius from where you live, so it’s a very flexible schedule even during busy holidays.
Having a strong character and being detail oriented is critical to this position, as our clients trust us with a great responsibility.
The perks are many, including great pay, a flexible schedule (not your 9 to 5) with flexible hours. You will get plenty of exercise and time outdoors. Clients can be generous with tips and gifts, and the animals are lavish with their love and affection. This job is not for everyone and should be carefully considered.
How The Process Works:
- Most of our customers have dogs and cats, usually no serious medical needs, and no major behavioral problems. In most instances, they have used a pet sitter before, they are comfortable with leaving their pets in someone’s care, and they want to make sure their pets are happy and healthy while under someone else’s care. Our pet sitters go and meet with clients before committing to the assignments, making sure they are comfortable with pets and their routines.
- We’ve been in business since 2003, and we now have over 200 employees servicing over 7000 pet owners in the Dallas Fort Worth and Houston areas.
- This job is part time, as needed, and is very flexible.
- Once a pet owner contacts us, we first ask the closest pet sitter on the map if they are interested. If they are not available, we just move on to the second closest pet sitter. We assign all jobs within 5 miles from where the pet sitters live.
- Once you are interested and available to take a client, you go and meet with the client, get acquainted with the routine and pets, and get their key. You become that client’s primary pet sitter. If they travel again in the future, you will be notified and you’ll be pet sitting them again if you are available. If you need a backup, we’ll have you drop off all keys with a backup pet sitter, they will take care of your clients, and then you get all your clients’ keys back once you return and are ready to pet sit again.
- Our schedule is managed on a web based calendar where you log in, view clients’ info, and review your upcoming schedule which has already been communicated with you either by phone or text. As you pet sit, you check visits off as completed – that’s how we know everything is going well.
- You submit your timesheets twice a month and get paid twice a month based on how many visits you completed during each pay period.
- You get paid for client meetings, key pickup/drop off trips, and whether we collect the payment from the client or not.
- You are covered by our company’s liability insurance.
- This is an employee position. We deduct taxes from your paychecks and pay your Social Security and Medicare taxes for you, and we provide you with a W2 form at the end of the year.
If you meet or exceed these qualifications please complete the questionnaire by clicking on the link below: