4 years ago · Olga Wharton · Comments Off on Pet care tips in Dallas Fort Worth colder temperatures as the arctic front reaches us this week – DFW Pet Sitting
Pet care tips in Dallas Fort Worth colder temperatures as the arctic front reaches us this week – DFW Pet Sitting
Brrrr! Temps are dropping fast! The following guidelines will give you some pet care tips in Dallas Fort Worth. We don’t get cold here weather too often, so please make precautions to protect your furry babies!
1. Do not leave the pets outside! If you see other pets left outside, call 3-1-1. These temperatures are too harmful for animals.
2. Never let the dog off leash in snow or ice. They can easily get disoriented and get lost. Make sure they always wear their ID tags.
3. If you walked your dog in sleet or ice, please make sure to wipe his paws and stomach well. You don’t want him to ingest salt or other potentially dangerous chemicals used in defrosting the ice by others…
4. If you own a short haired breed, please consider putting a warm coat or sweater on with a turtleneck.
5. Never leave your pets in a car.
6. Puppies cannot tolerate cold as well as older dogs, so keep in mind that housebreaking may appear harder than usual.
7. You may want to temporarily increase your pet’s protein intake if you plan on spending a lot of time outdoors while the temperature is cold. But make sure you monitor your pet’s body language and please bring them inside if you notice that they may be cold.
Please keep in mind that pets, like people, do get used to a certain climate. When reviewing pet care tips in Dallas Fort Worth , keep in mind that the temperatures here fluctuate drastically between summers and winters. Pay close attention to your own babies as well as other pets around you. Do not let others mistreat animals, and always get involved.
Categories: Pet Sitting Humor